JINGLE ON MY SON!

JINGLE ON MY SON!
A doughty champion of his local culture.(Poet Tom Hubbard)Your performance at the city hall was soooooooooo good! Christoph thought it was excellent! (Carolyn)

8.8.15

FOR PATRICIA























Is it the optimist in me
that remembers you for your smile?
Out there in a cruel Northumberland
there is a sun
behind the Army tanks at Otterburn
if you strain your eyes
to face it.
Often it seems
so pointless;
our pathetic scribblings
amongst all the sordid agony
of this poisoned world.
But you made me think
that my little trembling efforts 
were so much worthwhile.
For that, I humbly thank you 
and, when I am down again,
your well remembered smile
will touch me
from the heavens
and make me want to sing.




KEITH ARMSTRONG

the jingling geordie

My photo
whitley bay, tyne and wear, United Kingdom
poet and raconteur